Coconut water is known across the world as a refreshing drink with a lot of health benefits, Coconut water is rich in electrolytes and vitamins. Coconut water is from a clear liquid present inside a green coconut that contains 95% of water. All over the world a lot of people children and adult consume coconut water, this beverage is very tasty and also very refreshing especially around many beach areas.
Some Health Benefits of Drinking Coconut Water Includes:
- Improves Metabolism: One of the benefits of drinking coconut water is that, it boosts the metabolism of the body. Improvement in body metabolism is known to help the body burn more calories, coconut water also boots the metabolism of the body because it contains a high level of manganese which is required by the body for proper metabolism.
- Rich in Potassium: Coconut water contains a very high level of potassium that is almost 10 times than that of sport drinks. In fact, 8 ounces of glass of coconut water contains nearly the same level of potassium as one banana, potassium is necessary to maintain electrolyte and fluid balance in the body particularly during exercise.
- Contains Amino Acids: Everybody needs amino acids to repair body tissues that form the basic building blocks of protein. Coconut water contains amino acids such as arginine, alanine, cysteine and serine. High level of amino acid arginine ensure that the body respond properly to stress and also keep the heart health in good condition.
- Helps in Digestion: Coconut water is rich in fiber making it an excellent digestive aid and an added health benefit. Studies shows that the average amount of water contained in a green coconut water contains around 10% of fiber the body requires on a daily basis.
- Antioxidant Properties: Coconut water contains antioxidant that help to neutralize oxidative stress and free radicals created by exercise. The fresh coconut water contains the highest level of antioxidant, while processed heat pasteurized coconut water has less antioxidant.
- Used as Natural Sport Drink: Coconut water is rich in natural electrolytes which can be a good choice as sport drink. Coconut water is a better option than other sport drinks, because it is natural without any food coloring, added sugar or any artificial sweeteners. Many people are opting for coconut water as a natural performance drink to boost their energy level.
- Hangover Remedy: Whenever you have too much to drink and your belly cannot handle too much alcohol, consume a glass of coconut water to settle your stomach. It can also be used to replace essential electrolytes that exit the body when you experience frequent urination and vomiting.
- Maintain Skin: For those that has acne or other blemishes on the skin, topical application of coconut water can be of a great help because of its ability to clear up and subsequently tone the skin. When taken orally it also eliminate a large amount of oil from the skin. This is one of the reasons many products use coconut extract for the beauty products.