Abdominal bloating usually occurs when there is excess gas build up in the stomach or intestine especially after meals. Fluid retention in the body can also lead to bloating, bloating makes the belly looks larger than usual and it may feel tender or painful. There is some food that can help you reduce abdominal bloating and they includes:
- Bananas: Bananas contains potassium. According to a study, those that ate bananas before having a meal bloat less than those who don’t, this is because bananas contains certain gut bacteria that calm gas production in the belly.
- Ginger: Because ginger is spicy it helps the gut juices to flow as this aid digestion and help your stomach empty faster which prevent the stomach from bloating.
- Tomatoes: Tomatoes contains lycopene an antioxidant that works as an anti-inflammatory all over your body. Tomatoes also contains potassium which lower the level sodium that causes abdominal bloating in the stomach. You can add or eat raw tomatoes to your diet.
- Avocados: Avocados are packed with potassium; the body needs potassium to manage it sodium level which in turn controls the amount of water in the body and help reduce abdominal bloating.
- Watermelon: Watermelon contains more than 90% of water, which means taking a slice can help keep your body hydrated to avoid bloating.
- Cucumbers: Cucumbers contains a lot of water that help wash away digestive issues created by dehydration. Consuming cucumbers will help the stomach feel less bloat or heavy.
- Pineapple: Pineapple contains a natural enzyme called bromelain that aid digestion, this is done by breaking down protein in the food moving through your system which improve the ability to process it. Bromelain also helps to soften up tough food.