The vagina is a self-cleansing organ that can protect itself, although proper vagina care like good hygiene, regular exercise safe sex and regular gynae logical check-up can also help to improve vaginal health. Aside all these, we can improve the vagina health from the kind of food we eat. A good balanced diet and taking a lot of water can also help to improve the vagina health.
Food that can maintain your vagina health
- Food that are high in fibers: food that contains high fiber like legume, nuts, seeds and whole grains contains a compound like prebiotics. Prebiotics is a favorite food of intestinal bacteria which help to keep the entire body healthy and also the vagina in balance. Eating food with high fiber also help with bowel movement and also reduce the risk of developing chronic diseases. Eat at least 28gram of high fiber food per day.
2. Sweet potatoes: sweet potatoes are rich with vitamin A, that help in strengthening muscle tissues and thus makes the vagina walls healthy and strong. Sweet potatoes contain beta carotene that helps with reproductive health.
3. Apples: apples contain phytoestrogen and antioxidant which helps to stimulate blood flow in the vagina and keeping it healthy. According to a study phytoestrogen and antioxidants helps the vaginal environment healthy.
4. Avocados: the healthy fat contained in avocado helps to stimulate the vagina walls and keep it natural and lubricated, these helps to prevent vagina dryness as well as itching and burning. Avocadoes also contains vitamin B6 and potassium that helps the feels vagina healthy. One avocado on a daily basis is enough to improve your vagina health.
5. Yoghurt: Greek yoghurt helps to produce good bacteria, that helps for better gut health and body immunity. It helps to control the pH level of the vagina and also keep it from dryness, itching and bad odor. Consuming a least 150ml of yoghurt daily helps prevent the presence of bad bacteria that causes infections like candida vaginitis and bacteria vaginosis according to a study.
6. Leafy green: leafy green vegetables such as kale and spinach are rich in lutein nitrate and folate, nitrates help improve blood flow and strengthen muscles including those muscles of the vagina. Folate is also important for women during pregnancy. Eating a cup of leafy green vegetable per day helps to improve your vagina health.
7. Eat a lot of Nuts: Nuts such as almonds and walnuts are considered healthy. Nuts are high in protein with a high level of healthy fats. Walnuts are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which help to maintain a healthy fat balance in the body. Consuming almonds and walnuts in a single serving helps to maintain overall body health and the vagina. You can add almonds or walnuts to your salad or smoothies or chew them.
8. Cranberries: Cranberries contains vitamin E and C that help boast your immune system, cranberries are also filled with acidic compound and antioxidants that helps in fighting infections and bacteria from adhering in the bladder wall. Women who experience recurrent (urinary tract infections) UTis issues can significantly benefit from consuming cranberries provided you consume the natural cranberry juice. Cranberries helps the vagina feels healthy and moist.
9. Drink a lot of Water: Taking a lot of water helps you stay hydrated and also cleanse your entire body from toxins. Since the vagina cleanse itself pretty well, drinking a lot of water help to balance the pH level of the vagina and also help the vagina feel lubricated.
10. Omega-3 Fatty Acid: Omega -3 fatty acids helps with circulation and blood flow, which is good for your sex drive. These essential acids help to improve sexual function in pregnant women by preventing increase in pregnancy anxiety. Although more study needs to be carried out to prove it. fatty acids help to treat painful menstrual cramps with less risk of adverse reactions, it also helps in relieving vagina dryness. Sources of omega-3 fatty acids includes: chia seeds, walnuts, flaxseed etc.
The vagina is a self-cleansing organ, but is important to take of it. Because of how delicate the vagina is, it important to eat well and take care of it properly. The above listed number of foods will help improve the vagina health drastically.