Our eyes are the most noticeable features of our face and the window to our soul, our eye help us to bear witnesses to events, nature and even memories that have being created. Everyone wants to be told at one point that they’ve got a beautiful looking eye, especially ladies. One way to make your eyes looks brighter and healthy is by using some natural methods that can help improve your eye sight. Another way is sleeping better, lack of sleep is one of the main reasons for tired looking, puffy eyes. Sleep helps your eyes looks healthy and brighter.
Some natural ways to get a brighter and healthy looking eyes
- Tea bag and olive oil: Tea bags have tannin in them that makes them great for swelling, discoloration and bags under the eyes. Tannin contains anti-inflammatory properties that help to reduce puffiness, dark circles and makes the eyes look brighter and healthier.
Here is how you can use tea bags and olive oil:
- Rub some olive oil on your eyelids
- Place the wet chilled teabag on your eyes
- Leave it for at least 10- 15 minutes, water from the teabag gives you a combined goodness of teabags and olive oil which is essential for clear and healthy eyes
- Finally wash your face with warm water. Continue this routine as required.
2. Honey and ginger treatment: Ginger promote proper blood circulation, while honey is a natural moisturizer. Together they can do the great trick of brightening tired eyes.
Here is how to use ginger and honey to brighten the eyes:
- Take a teaspoon of ginger extract from a fresh piece of ginger
- Add ½ teaspoon of honey
- Apply the paste to the areas around your eyes
- Leave for at least 15-20 minutes
- Wash off with warm water, this helps your eyes looks brighter as you continue the routine.
3. Use Rose water: Rose water has an anti-inflammatory effect; it is an effective remedy for various eye condition which includes brightening of the eyes.
Here is how you can use rose water in the eyes:
- Apply a few drops of rose water into your eyes
- You can also use a cotton ball soaked in rose water to dab your eyelids, this helps to reduce swelling and puffiness
- Wash your face with warm water and repeat as needed
Note: Make sure you talk to your doctor before you start using rose water in your eyes.
4. Cucumber: Cucumber contains antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, as well as vitamin C which can help tired eyes.
Here is how to use cucumber in the eyes:
- Cut you cucumber into two equal slices about half inch thick
- Lie down and place the slices on each of your eyelids
- Leave it for at least 15 minutes, it helps refresh your eyes and makes them brighter
- Continue this routine as required.
5. Use milk: Milk is one great remedy to get rid of tired eyes and restore sparkling appearance. It helps to relax the muscle around the eyes, it also helps to reduce eye irritation and puffiness.
Here is how to use milk for brighter and healthy eyes:
- Soak the cotton balls in a cold milk
- Place the cotton balls on your eyes closed
- Leave it for at least 10-15 minutes
- Wash your face and apply a moisturizer as usual
- Do this as required.
6. Sleep more: Sleep is very important not only for your entire health but also for your eyes. When you enjoy sound sleep of at least 6-8 hours at night, you will wake up with a bright sparkling eye. Without a proper sleep your eyes will look droopy, dull and tired.
Here is how to sleep better for a brighter and healthy-looking eye:
- Try to go to bed on a set schedule and wake up at the same time every morning
- Sleep In a well ventilated with as little noise as possible
- Avoid eating heavy or drinking before bed.
7. Give your eyes some massage: A gentle eye massage helps promote lymph drainage, soften wrinkles, diminishes dark circles, fatigue and depuff your eyes.
Here is how to give your eyes some massage:
- Make your hands warm by rubbing them together, then place them over your eyes
- Gently massage the eyes area in a circular motion
- Apply a small amount of pressure to relieve eye tension
- Do this for about 10 minutes
- You can also put on a cool damp cloth to relax the muscle around your eyes.
8. Drink a lot of water: Water is important to our overall health, water helps our skin glow and brighten our eyes. At least 8 glasses of water is required per day to stay hydrated. Sometime taking water might be difficult for some people but sipping water little by little can help you stay hydrated. Another way to get water more is by snacking on fruits and vegetables with high water content. Reach for watermelon, grapes, cucumber, tomatoes and leafy greens.
Having a bright sparkling eye is a sign of good health that brings the inner beauty of a person. Taking care of your eyes with these natural simple steps will help your eyes looks heathier and brighter.