Recently a lot of people claim that banana peels are good for skincare and for first aid purposes. Although from my research online, it has not been scientifically proven that bananas peels can help with skin care. It is important for you to understand that banana is actually good for you and they are packed with a lot of health benefits. Banana peel is the outer shell of a banana fruit, it is the by-product of banana fruit after consumption. Banana peels are rich in antioxidants, fiber acids, and various minerals such as iron and zinc. But according to those that have used it, they claim that banana peels should not be thrown away as garbage because it has a lot of health benefit for skin care, hair and for first aids. Banana peel contains potassium and moisture which help to hydrate dry skin making it soft and supple. It also packed with nutrients such as vitamin A and magnesium which are anti-inflammatory.
Benefits of banana peels for the skincare
- Helps with anti-aging effects: Banana peels contains anti-wrinkle ingredients that helps to eliminate age spots and prevent the formation of fine lines and wrinkles. You can gently nourish exfoliate and protect mature skin by combining it with other wrinkle fighting ingredients.
- Help with sun damage: Banana peels contain antioxidants that may help to your skin’s natural ability to protect it from sun burn, they also contain vitamin A, C, and E.
- Help to hydrate the skin: Banana peels contains anti-inflammatory properties and helps with cooling of the skin. It is ideal to use it on dry skin or acne-prone skin. Banana peel helps to moisturize and hydrate the skin, hand, face and for your entire skin nourishment.
- May help to brighten the skin: Banana peel contains alpha hydroxyl acid that act as a natural exfoliant for removing dead skin cells.
- Helps to reduce puffiness: when there is a swelling or puffiness around the eyes, you can place a fresh banana peel around the eyes to reduce the swelling.
- Help to remove wart: Banana peel can help to remove wart, just tap a piece of fresh ripe banana peel over it leaving it there overnight. Continue this routine for better result.
- Helps to treat psoriasis: Apply banana peel to the affected area with psoriasis to moisturize and relieve itch.
How to make banana peel mask for glowing skin
- In a bowl mash one-half banana and the peel
- Add 1 teaspoon of orange juice and 1 teaspoon of honey
- Marsh it thoroughly before applying it to the face and neck
- Apply the mask on your face or neck, leave the mixture to sit for about 15 minutes
- Rinse it with warm or lukewarm water and then moisturize.
How to make face mask for sun protection with banana peels
- Combine half avocado and half banana
- Marsh thoroughly, then stir in a teaspoon of yoghurt and 1 teaspoon of honey
- Squeeze one vitamin E capsule into the mixture and mix well, apply an even layer to your face and neck.
- Allow it to sit for 20 minutes before rinsing with warm water.
How to make mask for pimples and oily skin
- Marsh half a ripe banana with its peel, add a teaspoon of smooth neem paste (blend a handful neem leaves) and half a teaspoon of turmeric
- Make an even paste, thoroughly combine all ingredients
- Apply to your entire face and neck
- Let it sit for 15 minutes, rinse with lukewarm water.
Other benefits of banana peels include:
For first aid: Banana peels helps to relief ivy ash, itching and bug bite due to its antioxidant properties and anti-inflammatory properties. Put a frozen banana peel on the forehead and across the back of your neck. It also helps to relief migraine headaches naturally, although it has not been scientifically proven.
important tips to note before you use banana peels
- For best result use fresh banana peels
- Do not use a banana peel that has been kept for so long. This is because the polyphenol in the peel turns brown on exposure to air. The peel should be used immediately after peeling.
- Store your banana in a cool dry place to make sure to keep away from sunlight and heat
- Do not sore banana peels in the refrigerator
- Use bin to save your banana peels for better purposes. Do not throw the peels in a public place.
Side effects of banana peels
In case you are allergic to banana make sure you avoid using banana peels for face mask. Pollen allergies might increase your chances of developing banana allergies. The following symptoms may indicate an allergy response to banana peels: itching skin, sneezing, wheezing and difficulty in breathing. If you experience all this symptom when using banana peels please avoid it and consult with your dermatologist.