The ideal hair for a woman is long, thick, and shining. Age, general health, medications, food, genetics, and environmental factors are just a few of the many variables that affect healthy hair development. Our food is crucial in enhancing the texture and growth of our hair in order to have healthy-looking hair. The hair follicle grows effectively when we consume plenty of vitamins and minerals, mainly from the food we eat rather than from food supplements. Iron, vitamin B12, vitamin D, biotin, riboflavin, and other minerals and vitamins aid in the promotion of hair development.
Foods for hair growth
- Eggs: Eggs are known to contain a lot of protein and biotin these nutrients are very essential for hair growth. Adequate intake of protein from egg helps to improve hair follicles while biotin is responsible for the production of hair protein known as keratin which can also improve hair growth too. Eggs also contains other nutrients like zinc and selenium that can also aid hair growth.
- Leafy green: Leafy green such as spinach and broccoli are heathy vegetables that contain nutrients such as iron, folate, vitamin A and C are responsible for hair growth. Spinach also contains iron that is essential for hair for growth. Iron helps the red blood cell in our body to carry oxygen, these helps to increase metabolism and aid growth and repair. Some hair loss might be due to be iron deficiencies.
- Almond: Almond contains biotin that can help to improve hair growth. Eating almond on a regular basis can help to thicken the strands of the hair and help to stimulate new hair growth.
- Avocado: Avocado contains natural oil that helps the hair to retain its moisture and make it feel soft and silky long. Avocado contains vitamins such as vitamin A, B6, D and E and that help to improve hair growth. Adding avocado to your diet regularly is not a bad idea to improve hair growth.
- Guava: Guava a very delicious fruit is not only good for making juice it also promotes hair growth. It is a tropical fruit that contains vitamin C. vitamin C helps the body produce collagen, collagen make the hair looks stronger and less brittle.
- Salmon: Salmon is a very nutritious fish that contains lots of nutrients that promote hair growth. Salmon contains proteins, vitamins D and high level of omega-3. Omega-3 is very helpful to the hair texture, it prevents dryness and hair brittleness.
- Sweet potatoes: Sweet potatoes are known to contain vitamin A which is also known as beta-carotene. Vitamin A keep the hair scalp and hair tip well moisturized. Sweet potatoes are also rich in fiber and also aid digestion. Sweet potatoes protect the hair against dryness and brittleness.
- Yellow bell pepper: Yellow bell pepper always looks delicious to eat especially when you see them in your local market. They contain lots of vitamin C even more than orange, vitamin C is an antioxidant that strengthens the hair follicles and prevents the hair from breaking. Adding yellow bell pepper to you diet aid hair growth.
Tips to help your hair grow
- Massage your hair scalp on a daily basis.
- Reduce stress so your hair will not fall off.
- Eat healthy balanced diet.
- Avoid too much heat on your hair.
- Avoid using shampoo that contains sulphate.
Essential oil that aid hair growth
- Rosemary oil.
- Castor oil.
- Extra virgin olive oil.
- Coconut oil.
- Onions oil.